Cross-Curricular & PSHE Field Studies - Key Stage 3We appreciate it is not often viable to bring students away for a short period of time to study just one component of one subject, and so we offer a combined field study course where students are able to get hands-on experience in different subjects and are able to appreciate that you cannot easily compartmentalise environmental education and fieldwork. Programmes contain outdoor activities (such as orienteering or open canoeing), team challenge activities, learning about the environment (through fun games and activities) and recreational times.
The outdoor activities we currently offer are:
- Team Challenges
Programmes can include a mix of all these activities or focus on just one or two to develop specific skills.
All programmes are designed in consultation each school's own staff and can be tailor made to consider your own needs and interests and the purpose of your visit.
- is a 5 day sample programme designed for those in school years 7-8, taking in a variety of locations across the Isle of Wight.
- Curriculum-linked investigations at KS3 (history, geography, science)
- Team building tasks
- Active evening recreation in and around Centre
- is a 3 day Centre-based programme
- Integrated programme of skills and challenges related to a journey in the Medina estuary
- Mix of outdoor activities and team building both on and off the water
- Completes ‘Discovery’ and ‘Explore’ sections for a John Muir award
- Ideal for short residential for Years 5- 8 in the summer
- is a 3 day Centre-based programme with watersports taster. Suitable for school years 7-9.
- Mix of watersports and outdoor activities in and around the Centre
- Hands-on and fun learning for sustainable living and personal development
- Ideal for short residential
- is a 5 day Centre-based programme with watersports skills. Suitable for school years 7 -9.
- Mix of outdoor activities and environmental learning, on and off site
- Active visits to scenic parts of the Island’s coast
- Energetic and fun … paper and clipboards banned!!
Ideal for a week-long residential