Safety and Resources
All equipment is regularly assessed for safety. Courses and operating procedures are regularly reviewed to ensure all courses are taught to the highest standard. All members of teaching staff hold a relevant qualification from the Royal Yachting Association (RYA) and we are recognised by the Adventure Activities Licensing Authority (AALA) for sailing and canoeing (licence number R0308). There is also a fleet of powerboats, equipped with a first aid kit, toolkit, bivvy bag, throw line and radio, suitable for providing rescue cover for all dinghy sailing and canoeing courses.
On site security is also to a high standard. Entry into each building is by a security code, which is changed regularly, and is made known to our guests on their first day. CCTV is in operation and certain doors are alarmed at different times of the day.
Risk assessments are available for download:
Royal Yachting Association (RYA).
The canoeing resources can be bought through the British Canoe Union (BCU).
- RYA Youth Sailing Scheme - Dinghy Sailing. RYA G11. ISBN 0901501751
- RYA Go Sailing! A practical handbook for young people. RYA G32. ISBN 1905104049
- RYA Go Cruising! A practical introduction to yachts and motor cruisers. RYA G42. ISBN 1905104332
- RYA National Sailing Scheme Syllabus & Logbook. RYA G4. ISBN 090150145X
- RYA Start Sailing - Beginners Handbook. RYA G3. ISBN 0901501824
- RYA Dinghy Sailing Advanced Handbook. RYA G12. ISBN 1905104057
- RYA Dinghy Coaching Handbook & Logbook. RYA G14. ISBN 0901501964
- RYA Powerboat Logbook. RYA G20. ISBN 0901501506
- RYA Start Powerboating. RYA G48. ISBN 1905104324
- RYA Powerboat Handbook. RYA G13. ISBN 0901501999
- BCU Canoe and Kayak Handbook 3rd edition, ISBN-13: 978-0953195657